Starting Balance for reconciliation has changed

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 16 13:39:27 EDT 2014

Michael,

The problem of a mismatch on the Opening balance in reconciling is addressed in the Tutorial at http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.6/C/gnucash-guide/txns-reconcile1.html

If I were in this situation (which I have been before), I would continue the reconcile process and see whether I can get the ending balance to match up. If it does, then there would be nothing more to worry about.

If it doesn’t, then you will have to try and track down the transactions (and I make that plural since you say you already looked for a single transaction in the value of the discrepancy) that somehow got its flag changed.

HTH,
David