Starting Balance for reconciliation has changed

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Mar 17 13:58:25 EDT 2014

Michael Hendry <hendry.michael at gmail.com> writes:

[snip]
> What I found was that the record of a monthly direct-debit for pet
> insurance on 15th April 2013 had been changed from £21.28 to £40.38,
> resulting in the bank balance being reduced by £19.10. Editing the
> faulty (and already reconciled) transaction restored sanity to the
> accounts.
>
> This adjustment didn’t result in a warning that I was editing a
> reconciled transaction - I seem to recall being warned in the past -
> and the difference is the change in monthly payments that took effect
> on 12th March 2014. I had changed the Scheduled Transaction on
> receiving notification of the changed premium, but have no
> recollection of making a retrospective adjustment.

Most likely you told GnuCash to ignore this warning by clicking the
"don't ask again" button.  You can (and should) reset this by running
the Actions -> Reset Warnings function.  Then remember to be careful
with that checkbox in the future :)