Problem installing Finance::Quote 1.27 SOLVED

Chris Good chris.good at ozemail.com.au
Wed Mar 19 07:07:26 EDT 2014

Hi Erik,

I've done some testing on the same PC I was having problems with Strawberry
Perl and McAfee, and your new Finance::Quote 1.28 and found some good, but
confusing results!

I uninstalled Strawberry Perl 5.18.2.1 64-bit (took very long time until I
turned off McAfee Real-Time Scanning),
C:\Strawberry was automatically removed by the uninstall,
downloaded Strawberry Perl 5.18.2.1 32-bit msi, installed (with Real-Time
Scanning ON), no problem,
ran from cmd.exe prompt: cpan install Finance::Quote
and it finished OK in approx 10 minutes, with NO errors (with Real-Time
Scanning ON).

perl "c:\program files (x86)\gnucash\bin\gnc-fq-check"
	reported Date::Manip was missing
cpan install Date::Manip		(no probs)

All working fine, FQ 1.28 is installed & works with GnuCash.

Looks like McAfee Real-Time Scanning only has a problem with 64 bit Perl
cpan installs...
Unfortunately while uninstalling Strawberry Perl 64-bit, McAfee updated
itself,
so I cannot be certain the McAfee update didn't fix it.

McAfee Security Center WAS 12.8.934 (I didn't note Anti-Virus engine
version)
Now it is  build 12.8.934 last update 22/2/2014, Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware
is now V 16.8 build 16.8.708 last update 19/3/2014, 	Engine 1832.0 Engine
Creation date 18/3/2014.

I decided to test Strawberry 64 bit again. If it failed under the new
version of Virus Engine, problem is narrowed down to 64 bit Strawberry.

Uninstalled Strawberry Perl 5.18.2.1 32-bit (C:\Strawberry was automatically
removed by the uninstall),
downloaded Strawberry Perl 5.18.2.1 64-bit msi, installed (with Real-Time
Scanning ON), no problem,
ran from cmd.exe prompt: cpan install Finance::Quote
and it finished OK in approx 10 minutes, with NO errors (with Real-Time
Scanning ON). FQ is now 1.28.

perl "c:\program files (x86)\gnucash\bin\gnc-fq-check"
	reported Date::Manip was missing
cpan install Date::Manip		(no probs)

So I don't know if the problem was fixed by the McAfee Engine update or the
removed dependencies in Finance::Quote 1.28
(or something else totally unrelated perhaps.)

Can you please advise what dependencies you removed in 1.28 so I can try to
install them and see if the problem recurs?

Also, if possible, could you please add Finance::Quote dependency on
Date::Manip into your next build?
(I assume it is actually required as GnuCash specifically checks for it
before enabling Finance::Quote to be used).

Regards,	Chris Good

It