Problem installing Finance::Quote 1.27 SOLVED

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Mar 19 10:18:59 EDT 2014

On Mar 19, 2014, at 7:03 AM, Erik Colson <eco at ecocode.net> wrote:

> "Chris Good" <chris.good at ozemail.com.au> writes:
>
>> Hi Erik,
>>
>> I've done some testing on the same PC I was having problems with Strawberry
>> Perl and McAfee, and your new Finance::Quote 1.28 and found some good, but
>> confusing results!
> [..]
>>> Can you please advise what dependencies you removed in 1.28 so I can try to
>> install them and see if the problem recurs?
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> You've done an awesome job ! Thanks for figuring this out.
>
> The removed dependencies are authortest-specific:
> - Test::Perl::Critic
> - Test::Kwalitee
>
>> Also, if possible, could you please add Finance::Quote dependency on
>> Date::Manip into your next build?
>> (I assume it is actually required as GnuCash specifically checks for it
>> before enabling Finance::Quote to be used).
>
> AFAIK Date::Manip is _not_ in dependency list of F::Q. I checked and
> couldn't find any reference to it... So I think there's no need to add
> that depency.

That's our fault. gnc-fq-update says:

 CPAN::Shell->install('LWP');
 CPAN::Shell->install('Date::Manip');
 CPAN::Shell->install('Mozilla::CA');
 CPAN::Shell->install('HTML::Parser');
 CPAN::Shell->install('HTML::TableExtract');
 CPAN::Shell->install('Crypt::SSLeay');
 CPAN::Shell->install('Finance::Quote');

I imagine the original idea was to avoid all of the "follow dependency" questions from cpan, but it's clearly obsolete.

Regards,
John Ralls