Importing QIF

Dave Fogg foggdc at comcast.net
Wed Mar 19 11:34:49 EDT 2014

I am new to Gnucash and am trying to import my data from Quicken.  First
I setup my account names in Gnucash and was planning to match my old
category names from Quicken to the new account names in Gnucash.  I did
not want to use the same names that were in Quicken.  However, in the
matching portion of the import, the only names that show up to match to
are the same ones that are in the Quicken qif file; none of the new
account names that I had setup in Gnucash show up.  I can type in the
names in the import portion but it only places it as a sub under the
original name and not as a top level account name.  Am I doing something
wrong or is Gnucash not capable of doing what I am trying to do.