Importing QIF

Dave Fogg foggdc at comcast.net
Thu Mar 20 09:29:33 EDT 2014

Thanks for all the responses! After trying different imports, nothing
seems to work very good; all the data is not importing correctly and
therefore my balances are incorrect.  That is true even when I match up
exactly the account categories as exists in Quicken.  I didn't realize
this when I asked my question because I was trying to change my existing
Quicken categories to match the new Gnucash accounts which I could not do.

I believe what I am going to do is what someone else has recommended on
another question and that is to start Gnucash beginning with my last
bank statement and enter anything that has not been reconciled.  That
way I am starting with a fresh database and do not need to worry about
importing.

Again, thanks for all the responses!