Setting up sub accounts

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Thu Mar 20 18:08:51 EDT 2014

Kandy Ward wrote:

>I am new to this program. I have no problem setting up the top level accounts, but when I set up the sub-accounts I don't see them. What am I doing wrong?

Not expanding the view?

In the unexpanded view, an account with no children is plain. But if a
parent account, see a little "+" symbol

In the expanded view, an account with no children is still plain. But a
parent account now has  "-" symbol and you see its children displayed.

To switch between, click on that "+" or "-"

Michael

PS: This isn't limited to gnucash. The use of "+" and "-" to show/hide
children is rather common. I guess this is the first time you've seen it.