Toolbar spacing

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu May 1 10:03:28 EDT 2014

On Wednesday 30 April 2014 20:38:45 Liz wrote:
> I have just moved to 2.6.3 and find this toolbar arrangement with a
> report open an inefficient use of space.
>
> The item I actually want to use is "Print", and its not on the toolbar
> because it has been used up with a massive "Save report configuration
> as".
>
> Can a user alter the toolbar configuration?
> Or should I put this on Bugzilla?
>
> Liz

There is no gui to alter the toolbar configuration. GnuCash is supposed to follow the gtk
configuration from the platform it's installed on. For Windows and OS X this means it is using
gtk defaults. On other platforms the theme and general configuration influence the toolbar.

I can't really see from the screenshot what OS you are running on.

Having said all that, you can tweak the gtk layout options a bit. In this case it would probably
be helpful to not show the labels on the toolbar buttons. The Windows wiki page has some
information on how you can do this:
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Windows#Q:_What_if_I_need_to_change_another_visual_aspect.2C_
not_covered_by_.22Select_Theme.22.3F
The same probably applies to the other platforms as well.

Geert