Shopping for an accounting program

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Fri May 2 04:07:09 EDT 2014

On Thu, 2014-05-01 at 07:39 -0700, pengyou wrote:

> I like the look and feel of GnuCash - if you respond in the affirmative, I
> will be more than happy to do the legwork to learn how to use it :)

If you think you are doing anyone a favour apart from yourself by using
it, I think you are mistaken.

> Prepare a budget

Don't know,

> Account for precious metals (silver) if current market values are
entered

Shares accounts can download current market values with an extension
script. I guess that should work for metals too.

> Work with multiple currencies ($US, Euro and Chinese)

Yes

> Plot graphs

You can create your own reports or take the data and create reports with
outside applications.

> Manage projects

What exactly do you mean?