reconcile status when importing transactions

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Fri May 2 17:46:47 EDT 2014

On Fri, 2 May 2014 16:32:22 -0500
Nolan Young <nryoung415 at gmail.com> wrote:

> release: 2.6.3
> OS: OpenSuSE 13.1 Linux
>
> I've noticed that when I import transactions from a QIF file, the
> Reconcile Status column for them shows "n", whereas when I import
> transactions from a CSV file, the Reconcile Status column for them
> shows "c" (cleared).  When they show cleared, it saves a little time
> when reconciling, because in the reconcile screen they are already
> checked and therefore added to the deposits and withdrawals.
>
> Is this the way it's supposed to work, or am I doing something wrong
> when importing the QIF file?
>
> Thanks,
> Nolan Young

QIF import runs that way.
As a person who learnt bookkeeping principles from paper records, I
prefer no pre-marking of my transactions, as I am checking each one
against the statement.
I find having some marked as 'c' lengthens the time for the process.
Please leave QIF import as it is - I import this way from the mobile
app, and there is no way they are cleared!

Liz