Tracking cash dividends with advanced portfolio

Chris Good chris.good at ozemail.com.au
Sat May 3 17:39:55 EDT 2014

Hi Daniel,

The Unstable version of the Help Documentation, Chapter 9 Reports and
Charts, Assets & Liabilities contains documentation on the Advanced
Portfolio Report columns & options, and includes:

Note
To include income from dividends which are not reinvested:
Ensure there is a dummy transaction split to the stock account with quantity
0 price 1 value
0 in the dividend transaction. You can just enter the dummy stock split with
no values in
the dividend account and it will create the transaction with price 1 even
though you cannot
see the Price column in that register.

Being a recent update, this hasn't made it into the Stable documentation
yet.
I suggest always reading/downloading the Unstable documentation, even if not
using the most recent GnuCash.

Regards, Chris Good