The server at URL mysql://gnucash at 192.168.1.80/gnucash experienced an error or encountered bad or corrupt data.

Aaron Artmann aartmann at comcast.net
Sun May 11 20:28:03 EDT 2014

On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 9:48 AM, Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11 May 2014 15:25, Aaron Artmann <aartmann at comcast.net> wrote:
>> I think the problem lies in the database data itself because I can
>> create new tables and use them but once I import a backup to the
>> database it becomes not useable.  I don't want to restart everything
>> over again but if I can not get it to work once its imported then I am
>> going to have to.  The data was backed up with MySQL Dumper but now it
>> will not work because something with gzopen().  I will have to
>> research more.
>>

> I had not realised you are trying to connect to an existing database.
> To check GC is ok then open it and (if it does not open with the new
> accounts file wizard) then use File New to start the wizard and run
> through accepting he defaults to create a basic set of accounts.  Then
> try and save that to the mysql server.  That will confirm that GC is
> ok.  Also shut down GC and re-open and check you can access the db
> again.
>
> An easy way to move the data from one mysql server to another
> (assuming that is what you are trying to do) is to open GC on the old
> one and then save the file in XML format.  Move that file to the new
> machine and open it in GC there, then save it as mysql to the new
> server.
>
> Colin
>
> Colin

I apologize about that, I tried to remember to get everything in to
the first email.  The database was lost because the drive that was in
the computer died.  I had reloaded it and was trying to put the backup
back in.  Then MySQL Dumper didn't work and I figured out how to
import it via the command line.  Still having problems but I did two
backups that day so I am going to try the other one.  GC is able to
create the tables and other information that it needs within the
database but when I try and use information I have imported then I get
that error.