Custom Multicolumn Reports

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Wed May 14 12:38:34 EDT 2014

On 16 Feb 2014, at 11:43, Carsten Rinke <carsten.rinke at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Wes,
>
> I have seen similar behaviour with GnuCash 2.6.0 on Ubuntu 12.04.

…and I’ve just come across it while producing Multi Column Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Reports.

I’m using GnuCash 2.6.1 on my iMac, with OS X Version 10.9.2.

It’s possible to reinvent the necessary reports, but after an apparently successful Save As before the end of a session, the report generates an error message during a subsequent GC session.

I notice that if I hover the mouse pointer over the “Save Report As” button, I’m told it will “Add the current report’s configuration to the ‘Preconfigured Reports’ menu. The report will be saved in the file ~/.gnucash/saved-reports-2.4.”. There is no such directory or file on my iMac.

I’m not sure if Wes Metz logged this as a bug, or if it might already have been fixed in a more recent version, but this particular thread seems to have gone to sleep.

Michael