trading account, currency exchange, and cash flow - bug or misunderstanding?

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Thu May 15 01:53:45 EDT 2014

--On May 14, 2014 3:24:24 AM -0700 gnucash.133518b at telus.net wrote:

> On 2014-05-13 8:55 PM, Mike Alexander wrote:
>> I committed a change tonight that makes the cash flow report ignore
>> trading accounts.  This makes it work the way you seemed to be
>> saying it should work and seems to make sense in general.
>
> What do I need to do in order to incorporate your fix with the
> current GnuCash release?

Since this was a simple change to one Scheme file it can be installed
in an otherwise standard copy of Gnucash 2.6.x fairly easily.  Either
you can wait for 2.6.4 or you can replace the file.  The new version is
located at
<https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/raw/maint/src/report/standard-reports/cash-flow.scm>.
Download from that URL to a text file and replace the file in your
install tree with the downloaded file.  It will be in
"share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/report/standard-reports/cash-flow.scm"
wherever you installed GnuCash.  How to do this depends on what sort of
system you are using.

           Mike