Stock Price update

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri May 16 11:40:48 EDT 2014

On May 16, 2014, at 3:25 AM, Anthony Savagar <asav1 at outlook.com> wrote:
> anthony at anthony-VPCZ12V9E:~$ sudo gnc-fq-dump yahoo HDIL.NS
> [sudo] password for anthony:
> Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
>     symbol: HDIL.NS              <=== required
>       date: ** missing **        <=== required
>   currency: |v                   <=== required
>       last: 0.00                 <=\
>        nav:                      <=== one of these
>      price:                      <=/
>   timezone:                      <=== optional
>
> ** This stock quote cannot be used by gnucash!!
>
> Doing the same for Amazon AMZN gives
>
> anthony at anthony-VPCZ12V9E:~$ sudo gnc-fq-dump yahoo AMZN
> Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
>     symbol: AMZN                 <=== required
>       date: 05/15/2014           <=== required
>   currency: USD                  <=== required
>       last: 295.19               <=\
>        nav:                      <=== one of these
>      price: 295.19               <=/
>   timezone:                      <=== optional

Huh. So F::Q would seem to be installed properly, but for some reason your default endpoint of yahoo.com seems to be returning the data for HDIL.NS in a format that it can't parse correctly. I get a good result:

> gnc-fq-dump yahoo HDIL.NS
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: HDIL.NS              <=== required
      date: 05/16/2014           <=== required
  currency: INR                  <=== required
      last: 83.90                <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price: 83.90                <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

You can get a list of sources to try with gnc-fq-check; perhaps a different one will work. Since it appears to be a formatting issue, perhaps yahoo_json will fix it.

Regards,
John Ralls