copying accounts and transactions from one book to another

gnucash.133518b at telus.net gnucash.133518b at telus.net
Thu May 15 16:35:51 EDT 2014

On 2014-05-15 5:37 AM, Mike or Penny Novack wrote:
> gnucash.133518b at telus.net wrote:
>> I appreciate the concern that I should be protected from myself, but
>> if any hints are available as to how I can accomplish my goal on my
>> own, I'm willing to take the risk. I did not mean that anyone should
>> write any software for me.
>
> Sorry, but you would probably NOT want to try to sort out the
> consequences of a merge where the books were not disjoint (where these
> were actually DIFFERENT accounts but accidentally merged because same
> name/tree structure). That's because there would be no INTERNAL way to
> identify them and you'd have to refer to the paperwork for every
> transaction in the account.

I accept what you're saying for the general case, but in the particular
situation I have now I am more than willing to refer to my paperwork to
resolve any issues with the merge. Hints as to current tools I might
coerce to do the job completely on my own would be splendid, if
possible. I ask nothing more than that and I take full responsibility
for my actions.

Carl