Online version of of GNUcash for problem debugging

CCAAT ccaat at tampabay.rr.com
Sun May 25 20:41:07 EDT 2014

On 05/25/14 19:18, John Ralls wrote:

> On May 25, 2014, at 5:08 PM, CCAAT <ccaat at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> I wonder how much trouble it would be to put GNUcash online somewhere (portal) where folks could post (attempt to post) some entries and then
>> ask their questions?  That way, the snippet of a few journal entries could be viewed by all to facilitate question answering?
>>
>> Is the possible?  A good/bad idea?
>
> While it’s theoretically possible, it’s not really practical. GnuCash has no facility for
> simultaneous users and no remote GUI, so the only way to set it up would be with some sort
> of VNC arrangement, which would have to be locked so that only one user could use it at a
 > time.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

So the only user, would be the poster with a question. Putting in the
sufficient entries to define the problem/question. Many could view the
input, via some form of limited low bandwidth X, only to view, not
write. Only the person with a question could write to the VM.

Another question would require another sandbox/jail/VM for the singular
write ability for form the next question. The major problem I see is
with different versions of the code (gnucash versions).

Intriguing idea?

James