gnucash 2.4.15 crash after setting up new aqbanking account

Philip Walden pcwalden at comcast.net
Mon May 26 15:25:34 EDT 2014

My Discover card had to be re-issued with a new account number. So I
tried to change the account number in aqbanking.

I did this:

 1. Tools > Online Banking Setup..
 2. Started the AqBanking Wizard
 3. Went to the Accounts tab
 4. Deleted the old Discover account
 5. Went to the Users tab
 6. Selected the Discover Card user, pressed the Edit User button.
 7. Went to the Bank Setting tab
 8. Pressed Retrieve Accounts List..seemed to go through successfully.
    The new account number came through.
 9. Closed the Wizard
10. Pressed the "Forward" button..CRASH

Gnucash continues to crash everytime I try to go ahead past the Forward
in order to set up the Account with the new online banking information.

If I try Actions > Online Actions on my Discover account, it crashes.

All my other on-line accounts Online Actions still work!!

I tried "aqbanking-cli request .. --balance" on the new Discover Card
account name and successfully retried the account balance.

At this point, it appears this Discover account is broken as far as
Gnucash on-line transactions and I cannot set up new accounts.

Any suggestions as to next steps are appreciated.

I'm using gnucash 2.4.15 on Fedora 19.