QIF importer in 2.6.3 making new accounts with duplicate names

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed May 28 10:20:42 EDT 2014

Liz <edodd at billiau.net> writes:

>> I'm pretty sure nothing in this code has changed.  Just to be sure,
>> are you certain that you mapped the QIF Account to the proper GnuCash
>> account?  Or do you have:
>>
>>   Assets:Foo:Joint   and
>>   Assets:Foo:Joint 2 ?
>>
>> If the latter, what are the account types and currencies of the two
>> Joint accounts?
>
> Original
> Assets:Joint
> Cash
>
> After importer
> Assets:Joint
> Cash
> cash
> Joint
>
> I'm not sure at what stage this happened, and not sure how I
> contributed to it.

To me this implies that you didn't map the QIF Accounts to the existing
GnuCash accounts in the QIF Importer.  You need to tell the importer
that "Joint"(QIF) is "Assets:Joint"(GNC), and that "cash"(QIF) is
"Cash"(GNC).  Yes, capitalization matters.