2.6.4-2 Finance::Quote

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Sun Nov 2 04:57:48 EST 2014

Sat, 1 Nov 2014 14:21:12 <1414876872374-4673762.post at n4.nabble.com>
gcongim <gcongim at gmail.com>

>Having problems automatically updating stock prices.
>
>loaded active perl 32 bit version,

that suggests to me you're using Windows but it is inferred rather than
obvious

>did the "install online price retreival"
>and all appears to have properly.

properly what ?  have you run the tests to see if your perl and F::Q
stuff is working independent of Gnucash ?

>when I go to get updated quotes, I get an error message from gnucash
>"unable to retrieve quotes"

is GnuCash saying that or F::Q ?  I'm going to guess it is F::Q (a tool
GnuCash uses) that is producing the message and GnuCash is just passing
it on to you

>can anyone help?

not a lot, you need to tell us some more. F::Q works fine here on WinXP
with strawberry perl but you probably don't need to change perl to get
it working

--
Wm...