Deposits Report

TanyaMc tanyamc at gwtc.net
Sun Nov 2 20:56:41 EST 2014

I use GnuCash for my role as church treasurer. I came to GC from QuickBooks,
so the lack of reports and need to create my own is daunting to me, as that
is not my forte'.

I need to provide a report to the person that second party's the info on my
reports. I need to account for each dollar that is deposited and into which
'fund' it went. I have been able to adapt GC to work using sub accounts of
checking account and sub accounts for income and expenses.

I use an asset account to track income and expenses for our church
parsonage, which we share expenses with a sister church (we share the
pastor!). So, income is deposited into Checking: General Fund and the Asset
account. Expenses use the same accounts.

This works well for everything but reports. I can't get the asset account
transactions to show on income/expense reports (for obvious reasons). But, I
don't want these transactions to show on my inc/exp accounts because they
really aren't inc/exp for us.

I'd like a report that totals the deposits by the accounts they went into,
whether it be an asset or an income account.

October Deposits
General Fund: 1800.00   (Income)
Reimbursable:   600.00  (Asset)
Missions:           800.00   (Income)