Deposits Report

TanyaMc tanyamc at gwtc.net
Sun Nov 2 22:33:23 EST 2014

Thanks for the reply. I actually understand double entry very well. However,
those I report to do not and so they are overwhelmed by balance sheets and
inc/exp reports to show basic cash flow they desire. And

I have all of the ins/outs accounted for using subaccounts of the checking
account because all the funds are in that one bank account. I need to
reconcile that account with the bank statement. I also have inc/exp accounts
for each 'fund'.

I tried using the liability concept for fund accounting but I find this
method to work better.

As I said the only issue I am having is with this one particular
account/transaction. It is not a fund like missions, etc. Rather it is
tracking expenses and reimbursements. Sort of like a making a loan to a
friend and tracking how much you gave them and how much they paid back with
one asset account.

And my problem is not in the tracking but in the reporting. Again, I want to
show all the money that went into the checking account and where it was
'sent' (inc/exp or asset).