Gnucash Update

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 16:46:56 EST 2014

On 11/3/2014 2:44 PM, John Ralls wrote:
> On Nov 3, 2014, at 10:52 AM, David Carlson <david.carlson.417 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 11/3/2014 8:12 AM, John Plowman wrote:
>>> How do I update from 2.4.8 to the latest edition?
>>>

>>> John Plowman

>> Go to www.*gnucash*.org and follow the instructions for your operating
>> system.  Just note that even 2.6.4-2 for the windows OS is somewhat
>> flawed and the developers are recommending that most users stay with an
>> earlier release.
> Leave the asterisks out of the URL, though. And while we’re recommending that most Windows users not use 2.6.4, we do recommend 2.6.3. But to get that you have to go to https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnucash/files/gnucash%20%28stable%29/2.6.3/.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

That is curious.  I copied the URL right out of my browser address box
and there were no extra characters when I sent the email.  However, when
I viewed in my webmail page, GnuCash was in double quotes.  Now they
changed to asterisks, and I think spaces were inserted too.  I hope
users are noticing the anomaly and fixing it if they want to use the link.

John, I noticed that the Windows download links are again or still
pointing to release 2.6.4-2 instead of 2.6.3, so users need to hunt to
find the link that you point to in your response above.  That link does
not have any asterisks to omit, and the percent signs are required.

David C