Non profit Club Setup

Aaron Laws dartme18 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 15:25:04 EST 2014

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 3:12 PM, Terry A. Haimann <terry at haimann.us> wrote:

> I represent an Astronomy Club that is in need of an application to
> manage our finances and is considering using GnuCash.
>
> We are not Accountants and would like some advice on setting up GnuCash
> for a mid sized non profit club.

Since you're not accountants, you'll probably want the treasurer to become
acquainted at least with the rudiments of accounting. The best place for
that sort of introduction (regardless of which piece of software you will
use to implement your accounting system) is the gnucash Guide. It certainly
has some Gnucash-specific information in it, but I think it's an excellent
way to get started learning about accounts, account types, and how money
moves around within books. It also gives tips on setting up a chart of
accounts, and so on.

In Christ,
Aaron Laws