processing payments/ pre-payment

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sun Nov 9 05:18:47 EST 2014

On Saturday 08 November 2014 11:55:42 Wm wrote:
> Thu, 6 Nov 2014 18:34:41 <1961391.T63fXtONES at legolas.kobaltwit.lan>
> Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be>
>
> >In addition gnucash 2.6.4 comes with a function to clean up the older
> >lot links. For this you go
> >to your account hierarchy, highlight your A/P account and then select
> >"Actions->Check &
> >Repair->Check & repair account".
> >
> >This will go over all the lot links in your a/p account and replace
> >them with direct links between
> >payments and bills. This will not affect your balance in any way. The
> >corrected bill/payment
> >links will also be understood by previous versions of gnucash.
> >However if you make changes to
> >bills or payments with an older version of gnucash (more precisely
> >2.6.1-2.6.3) that will
> >recreate the confusing lot links.
>
> does check & repair account do something different to check & repair
> all for each account ?

Check & repair all will recursively go over each account and then perform a check & repair on
the selected account.

So it does the same thing.

However, depending on the type of account different check & repair actions can be triggered. I
don't know all of the repair actions being triggered. I do know that for AR and AP type
accounts the action to clean up lot links will be triggered in addition to the default checks.
That lots link clean up will not happen for other account types.

Geert