Web-based or Hard drive

Dustin Henning The00Dustin at gmx.net
Wed Nov 12 14:22:50 EST 2014

GnuCash is a software program you download and install to your computer.
  It stores your data locally unless you tell it to store it elsewhere.
  Since you referred to the program as "your program" I will also point
out that it is FOSS (Free Open-Source Software), so really it is "our
program."  More importantly, though the e-mail address you used is a
mailing list address where GnuCash can be discussed and potentially
supported by your peers.  For instance, I am just one of many GnuCash
users, so while I can't provide support to each and every question you
may have, I was able to respond to this one.