Set of accounts for small rental business.

Richard Dawson rcdawson at att.net
Tue Nov 18 13:43:08 EST 2014

I am trying to imagine the best set of accounts to manage dozen or two
individual rental units.  It would seem desirable to track income and expenses
for each unit, income from each tenant, and also be able to sum up all
expenses and income to determine the overall profit or loss.

One could have the expense, income, and liabilities accounts with individual
accounts within each one for tenants and units, or one might have an account
for each unit with expense, income, etch within each account.

As you can see, my concepts are a little cloudy.  Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Richard