Create a report?

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 06:16:04 EST 2014

> On 27 Nov 2014, at 10:32, Arbol One <arbolone at hotmail.ca> wrote:
>
> After clicking on the account tab in my GnuCash 2.4.13 running under Win7-64, I would like to create a report that only include a few entries, not the whole record. How can I do that?
> Thanks.

Taking a simple example, let’s say you want to produce a report on all payments to a particular retailer from a particular account.

First open the register for that account by double-clicking its entry in the Accounts tab.

Now search for the retailer using Edit->Find. This will produce a “Search Results” tab, with all the matching transactions in it.

You can now right-click over the contents of the “Search Results” and choose (for example) to Filter by a date range.

Now go to Reports->Account Report to get a report on this selection of transactions, and refine the content of the report by clicking the “Options” button.

Michael