How to export all accounts and details to new computer?

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Thu Nov 27 20:21:42 EST 2014

Jim Thompson wrote:

>Using Dropbox I can run Gnucash on either machine (single threaded, of
>course).
>
>>I have recently bought a new computer and would like to continue using
>>Gnucash on the new computer with all my existing accounts etc currently in
>>my old computer.
>>How do I go about exporting/replicating this on the new desktop?  I'm using
>>a Mac
>>Thank very much!
>>
>>Karen

This doesn't require "dropbox". It is in fact a special case of  "the
hard drive in my computer died; how do I restore my gnucash data from
the latest backup copy" << you SHOULD be making regular backups --
remember, it's not if a computer will die but when>>

In other words, the question you perhaps should have made:
1) How do I make backup copies of my gnucash data? <<what do I need to
copy>>
2) How do I restore my gnucash data from backup?

THEN your actual question should have the obvious answer -- make a
backup of the gnucash data on your old machine and restore that to your
new one.

Michael