Weird OFX file import problem

msalists at gmx.net msalists at gmx.net
Wed Oct 1 20:34:23 EDT 2014

So it seems that a quick fix would be to change the FITIDs in each file
to something unique.
Trying to reimport the same OFX file with changed FITIDs makes it list
all transactions, but they are recognized as dups, already being marked
green and set to "reconcile (auto) match".

So if I did go ahead and ran the OFX files through a script to make the
FITIDs unique before importing them, it looks like GnuCash would still
catch potential duplicate transactions, e.g. if there was a date range
overlap in some of the files.
Does that sound right?

Thank you!