Default invoice filename

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Oct 3 17:02:05 EDT 2014

On Thursday 25 September 2014 22:47:46 Adam wrote:
> On 19/09/2014 11:35, Geert Janssens wrote:
> > On Thursday 18 September 2014 23:02:30 Adam wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> Is it possible to alter the default invoice filename when I export
> >> it
> >> as PDF?
>
> [snip]
>
> >> "This setting chooses the file name for PDF export. This is a
> >> sprintf(3) string with three arguments: "%1$s" is the report name
> >> such as "Invoice". "%2$s" is the number of the report, which for
> >> an invoice report is the invoice number. "%3$s" is the date of the
> >> report, formatted according to the filename-date-format setting.
>
> Is filename-date-format another registry key within pdf-export? If so,
> what's the format? I'd like to change it from the US style
> month-day-year to year-month-day.

Yes, filename-date-format is indeed another registry key. It takes an
abbreviated name for one of the formats supported by gnucash. From the
description of the parameter:

This setting chooses the way dates are used in the filename of PDF
export. Possible values for this setting are "locale" to use the system
locale setting, "ce" for Continental Europe style dates, "iso" for ISO
8601 standard dates , "uk" for United Kingdom style dates, and "us" for
United States style dates.

The year-month-day format you want is 'iso'.

Regards,

Geert