Cash Flow Report

Charles Brescia clbrescia at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 22:23:06 EDT 2014

Derek:
    Thank you for your input, the P&L report IS the format I am looking
for, but I have been used to seeing that format in my Cash Flow reports in
other financial software.  There are a couple of minor but manageable
issues with a P&L report that do not occur with Cash Flow.  Both revolve
around the fact that P&L pulls data from Income & Expense categories and
Cash Flow pulls data from Asset and if included Liability accounts.  I like
to compare year over year expenses to try and spot trends and problems
before they become an issue, and when I use the P&L report for a prior year
I have to date it from 1/1/?? to 12/30/?? because of the way GnuCash closes
out Income & Expense categories.  If I date it all the way to 12/31/?? I
get nothing but zeros.  Also by excluding my auto loan & mortgage loan from
the report in Cash Flow the principal payments to the loan balance appears
in the "money out" section where in the P&L report they are not there, the
interest payments are but not the principal.  I'll probably use both the
pictures are slightly different for those reasons.  Thanks again.

Charles