Deleting a Data File

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 11:52:36 EDT 2014

On 7 October 2014 16:28, R. J. <orders2081 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> When I do as Fred suggested (i.e. un-hide hidden and system files) the
> data file and log files do not appear. If I do a "save as" the data file
>  path is:\Programs Files (x86)\gnucash\bin and the data file and log
> files appear to be inserted between two other files. I can see these two
>  files in Windows Explorer (along with all of the other files that I see
>  in the "save as" window -except the data file, of course), but there
> are no files between these two. I am using Windows 8.1.

Is it actually saving the file?  If you make some changes, do save as
and save it where you suggest, then close and re-open gnucash, does it
pick up the changed file?  It is possible that you are not able to
save to that location as it is a system area.  In fact you should not
be saving there, you should be saving to somewhere in My Documents, or
whatever it is called in Windows now.

Colin