Invoices, customers and payments

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Oct 11 10:06:06 EDT 2014

Hi John,

That's quite an amount of data to import!

GnuCash does come with CSV importers for Vendors/Customers and
Bills/Invoices. You can find them under File->Import...

I haven't used them myself so I can't tell how well they perform. Others
can share their experience here if they like.

What is currently missing is an importer for payments unfortunately. The
only option GnuCash offers here is a plain transaction importer. That
would allow you to import the payments as ordinary transactions. They
won't be linked to your invoices then though and you would have to
manually call "Assign as payment" for each of them.

An alternative route for the payments could be to write a python script
that does this for you. This immediately has two restrictions:
- the python bindings are only supported on linux
- you'd need to know how to code in python

If you need help to get started on those, feel free to ask here on the
list.

Good luck!

Geert