Automatic checking of entrys in reconciliation does not work properly

airwalker mail at nikno.de
Sat Oct 11 16:48:44 EDT 2014

Hi,

I am trying to use the reconciliation function of gnucash 2.5.3 in Windows
7. I have a checking account that I want to reconcile with my bank
statement. In gnucash, this checking account has subaccount and in the month
in question there is a transaction from the subaccount of the checking
account to the checking itself. When I click on Actions/Reconcile and open
the reconciliation window, the transaction is listed under "Funds In" and is
checked. The transaction is also listed under "Funds Out", but is unchecked
and this is the reason why the reconciled balance is off by the exactly the
amount of this transaction. When I check the transaction in "Funds Out", it
is automatically unchecked in "Funds In", so the reconciled balance is off
again. There seems to be no way to check this transaction in both windows.
Why does that happen and what can I do? Is there a way to deactivate
automatic (un)checking of transactions in this window?

FYI: I have another transaction from the account to the subaccount and this
one works fine.