very weird quirk noted, copying one computer to another

Simon Bryant simonbry at telus.net
Tue Oct 14 01:44:08 EDT 2014

I like the way you're thinking, David. I tried exactly that test (opening gnucash without the thumb drive installed). I then get a standard gnucash "unsaved file" without any accounts or data, no problem. Yes I have deleted all trash items, and every gnucash-related file I could find. There must be more lurking somewhere, though! At this point I feel I understand the problem a bit better. One peculiar thing I've noted is that only desktop, under Library/Application Support there IS a gnucash file. However on my laptop, there is none. Could the Gnucash application support files be put somewhere else somehow, and thus be screwing things up as I've described? Many months ago I stumbled through an initial install of Gnucash and had log files all over the desktop (specified the desktop…). At this point I just want to exorcise all gnucash-related files of any type from my laptop, and continue using the program on my desktop computer as it seems to be working fine there. Any help "cleaning" my laptop of ALL gnucash-related files would be very much appreciated.
-Simon-