Automatic checking of entrys in reconciliation does not work properly

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Oct 14 11:59:37 EDT 2014

Hi,

airwalker <mail at nikno.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use the reconciliation function of gnucash 2.5.3 in Windows
> 7. I have a checking account that I want to reconcile with my bank
> statement. In gnucash, this checking account has subaccount and in the month
> in question there is a transaction from the subaccount of the checking
> account to the checking itself. When I click on Actions/Reconcile and open
> the reconciliation window, the transaction is listed under "Funds In" and is
> checked. The transaction is also listed under "Funds Out", but is unchecked
> and this is the reason why the reconciled balance is off by the exactly the
> amount of this transaction. When I check the transaction in "Funds Out", it
> is automatically unchecked in "Funds In", so the reconciled balance is off
> again. There seems to be no way to check this transaction in both windows.
> Why does that happen and what can I do? Is there a way to deactivate
> automatic (un)checking of transactions in this window?

Are you manually setting the ending balance to correctly match your bank
statement?  Most likely, if it's off by an internal transaction, then
you are not doing that correctly.