Using Gnucash from multiple computers?

Sean Clarke seanchk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 17:01:47 EDT 2014

Thanks Geert, you actually pointed me to some other things that I could
fix.

My system in Mint (Ubuntu based of course), I didn't have a .bashrc file to
start with so I Googled and found some examples, one of which I copied to
use.

I had mistaken John's instructions slightly but you pointed out the correct
syntax and also pointed me to the correct bash file.

It is either ~/.profile

or ~/.bash_profile

I'm using ~/.profile   because the file existed and I just had to add the 2
lines

GNC_DOT_DIR="/home/sean/Google Drive/gnucash"
export GNC_DOT_DIR

Now everything is working nicely.

So thank you too; and everyone else who helped out.

I'm very grateful for the help and the things I've learned.

Sean