Custom reports do not load after upgrade to 2.6.4 on OSX

John W. O'Brien john at saltant.com
Sun Oct 19 15:11:59 EDT 2014

Hello Gnucash-user,

While using 2.6.3, I successfully followed the wiki guide to making
custom reports [0], and wound up with the following, which has been
working as I expected.

    $ ls -1 ~/Library/Application\ Support/Gnucash/*saltant*
    /Users/obrienjw/Library/Application
Support/Gnucash/saltant-customer-report.scm
    /Users/obrienjw/Library/Application Support/Gnucash/saltant-invoice.scm
    /Users/obrienjw/Library/Application
Support/Gnucash/stylesheet-saltant.scm
    $ cat ~/Library/Application\ Support/Gnucash/config.user
    (load "saltant-invoice.scm")
    (load "saltant-customer-report.scm")
    (load "stylesheet-saltant.scm")

Upon upgrading to 2.6.4, the custom reports stopped loading on startup.
I found this in the trace file:

    ERROR: In procedure open-file: No such file or directory:
"/saltant-invoice.scm"

If I run gnucash from the command line, that error follows my CWD. For
example, if I run it from my homedir, it says,

    ERROR: In procedure open-file: No such file or directory:
"/Users/obrienjw/saltant-invoice.scm"

I don't see anything obvious (to me) in the release notes that would
explain this. Is this an intended change in behavior, and, if so, what
is the new preferred way of loading custom reports?

Thank you,
John

[0] http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Custom_Reports