Custom reports do not load after upgrade to 2.6.4 on OSX

John W. O'Brien john at saltant.com
Sun Oct 19 22:45:30 EDT 2014

On 10/19/14 4:13 PM, John Ralls wrote:

> On Oct 19, 2014, at 12:11 PM, John W. O'Brien <john at saltant.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Gnucash-user,
>>
>> While using 2.6.3, I successfully followed the wiki guide to making
>> custom reports [0], and wound up with the following, which has been
>> working as I expected.
>>
>>    $ ls -1 ~/Library/Application\ Support/Gnucash/*saltant*
>>    /Users/obrienjw/Library/Application
>> Support/Gnucash/saltant-customer-report.scm
>>    /Users/obrienjw/Library/Application Support/Gnucash/saltant-invoice.scm
>>    /Users/obrienjw/Library/Application
>> Support/Gnucash/stylesheet-saltant.scm
>>    $ cat ~/Library/Application\ Support/Gnucash/config.user
>>    (load "saltant-invoice.scm")
>>    (load "saltant-customer-report.scm")
>>    (load "stylesheet-saltant.scm")
>>
>> Upon upgrading to 2.6.4, the custom reports stopped loading on startup.
>> I found this in the trace file:
>>
>>    ERROR: In procedure open-file: No such file or directory:
>> "/saltant-invoice.scm"
>>
>> If I run gnucash from the command line, that error follows my CWD. For
>> example, if I run it from my homedir, it says,
>>
>>    ERROR: In procedure open-file: No such file or directory:
>> "/Users/obrienjw/saltant-invoice.scm"
>>
>> I don't see anything obvious (to me) in the release notes that would
>> explain this. Is this an intended change in behavior, and, if so, what
>> is the new preferred way of loading custom reports?
>

> If you open Reports>Saved Report Configurations are your reports listed?

There was one saved report based on one of my custom reports (plus three
based on other, standard reports), but there was an error when I tried
to load it. Unfortunately while I was trying to reproduce the error,
Gnucash crashed, and now there are no saved reports listed.

> If not, from the command line run
>   grep GNC_DOT_DIR /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash
> to make sure that didn’t get borked somehow.

    $ grep GNC_DOT_DIR /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash
    export GNC_DOT_DIR="$HOME/Library/Application Support/Gnucash"
    if test -f "$GNC_DOT_DIR/gnucashrc"; then
        source "$GNC_DOT_DIR/gnucashrc"

Regards,
John