How to update Win7 2.6.3 to 2.6.4?

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Oct 22 09:57:35 EDT 2014

On Wednesday 22 October 2014 06:00:44 Greg Feneis wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm a Win7-64 user with GnuCash 2.6.3 installed and it works fine.
> Recently I was at gnucash.org and noticed the latest stable release is
> 2.6.4 and wanted to upgrade,
Hi,

It's nice you are interested in the latest release. There are some issues with it unfortunately,
particularly on Windows. So it may be best to wait for the next release which will come out as
soon as these issues are resolved.

> so 2 questions:
>
> 1.  How to upgrade?  Do I need to uninstall 2.6.3 first, or if I
> install 2.6.4, does it automatically upgrade any existing GnuCash
> installations?  Or?

While I don't advise this particular version as explained above, you can just install 2.6.4-2 over
2.6.3. The installer will ask you to if it can remove the old version. This will not affect your data,
unless you made changes in the environment file found in
<path-to-gnucash>\etc\gnucash\environment

This file will be overwritten so you may want to make a copy of it if you did change it. (Most
people don't need to change it).

> 2.  I've tried downloading 2.6.4 from the link
>
> http://superb-dca2.dl.sourceforge.net/project/gnucash/gnucash%20%28sta
> ble%29/2.6.4/gnucash-2.6.4-2-setup.exe
>
> twice and each time I try to run it I get a warning that the file is
> corrupted and I need to download it again.

Perhaps try another mirror ?

Geert