qif file

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Sat Oct 25 13:04:56 EDT 2014

Hi,

On Sat, October 25, 2014 12:55 pm, Simon Bond wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to import a qif file I downloaded into gnucash. It says there's
> an error with the date format, but when I look at it with a basic text
> editor, no apparent problem. There does appear to be extra lines starting
> with "M". Is this the real problem ? I've copied in  a few lines from the
> head of the file.

What is the exact error you get?

You should look through the WHOLE file and check every line that begins
with a "D".  Most likely you have one in there that is bogus.

How was this QIF created?

-derek

PS: There is nothing wrong with the few transactions you copied here.

> Thanks Simon
>
> !Type:CCard
> D14/08/2014
> T-3612.10
> PINITIAL BALANCE
> ^
> D14/08/2014
> T0.77
> PBONUS CASHBACK
> ^
> D14/08/2014
> T3.82
> P1PC CASHBACK
> ^
> D14/08/2014
> T0.16
> P2PC CASHBACK
> ^
> D14/08/2014
> T9.00
> P3PC CASHBACK
> ^
> D13/08/2014
> T-39.95
> PPURCHASE - DOMESTIC, CAMBRIDGE, S150-BLACKWELLS
> M** 8411
> ^
> D13/08/2014
> T-4.40
> PPURCHASE - DOMESTIC, 7600, GREATER ANGLIA
> M** 8411
> ^

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745