GnuCash financial software

David Reiser dbreiser at icloud.com
Sun Oct 26 01:35:06 EDT 2014

> On Oct 25, 2014, at 10:47 PM, David Carlson <david.carlson.417 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> I would like to hear from users that are actually using the Aqbanking
> OFX Direct Connect.  How well does it work?
>
> David C

I’ve used it for years, and the ofx part works fine. I wish the transaction matcher worked better in certain circumstances (multiple nearly identical transactions cause some transactions not to be imported), but I wouldn’t give up the direct connect because of that.

When I started using direct connect, the setup was a bit twitchier than it is now. But once it’s set up either way, it works almost forever. I did have to manually intervene recently when Chase transferred my account data to a new account before the card arrived, so I didn’t know what the new active account number was. Digging up connection addresses for some banks is a challenge. I just get a Quicken Starter copy free with Turbo Tax every 2 or 3 years (to beat the sunset issue), and read the ofx logs from quicken to find any server address changes.

--
Dave Reiser
dbreiser at icloud.com