Gnucash File opening

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 01:58:08 EDT 2014

> On 26 Oct 2014, at 05:13, gafoor tharayil <gafoortharayil at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have creted my gnucash file in Mageia ( Gnucash 2.6 ) but now using
> PCLINUXOS KDE FULL MONTY( Gnucash 2.4)

I think this might be your problem.

It’s never a good idea to open a file created by a new version of a program using an older version.

There are a number of new features in 2.6, and I believe that the standard locations of support files have also changed, so your old version is looking for information in the wrong places.

Is there some reason that you can’t use 2.6 on your current computer?

> Ican not open my file.
> I am a Gnucash user from 2003 onwards in Mandrake linux.
> I could open the file in windows 7 (gnucash 2.6)

This fits in with my theory.

> please help me to use my file in PCLinuxOs

When those with more expertise come on line, you should get more authoritative advice.

Michael