AR, Lot Links, Overdue Amounts, Repair & Scrub

John Gowing forums at jotrago.co.za
Tue Oct 28 09:15:06 EDT 2014

Good Day.

I have a problem with AR, Lots, and Outstanding Amounts. When I run a
Customer Report (Statement) for some of my customers,
the Report shows the CORRECT Total Balance Outstanding but also shows
some amounts as being various "Days Overdue" These amounts are incorrect
and should not be there.

* I've linked an example Customer Report to this email:*
Customer_Report--28_10_2014.pdf (104 KB) hosted on Box:
https://www.box.com/shared/5oi4mxucee97232g2kro

The scenario is that the the payments received against the invoices do
not match the exact value of the individual invoices.
In this case Inv 115 for R1600 and Inv 116 for R2100. But payment 1 for
R3700 covers the total but does not match the individual invoice amounts.

On investigation it seems to come down to some Lot Links not being correct.
Viewing the Lots for AR I see that the Inv 115 Lot for 1600 is open,
along with a number of others, specifically the one for Inv 1130 R135
which also shows on this customer's reports.

* OpenLots.png (23,4 KB) hosted on Box:
https://www.box.com/shared/muzal1lze532o4nkbu0t

The AR register correctly shows the Invoicing and payment transactions
But there appears to be only one Linked Lot for the R2200 and NOT the R1600
* AR Transactions & Lot Links.png (73,0 KB) hosted on Box:
https://www.box.com/shared/xqvsnsihns1j2zrpifv8

 From the Open Lots View it seems I have a number of similar scenarios.
In some cases it is even more complicated in that there may be multiple
payments, which, in total add up to the total of the multiple invoices,
but there is no discernible match between any invoice and any one or
more payments.
How can I clean these up, and correct them.
Should I be taking a different approach in post  these scenarios in the
first place.

On a test copy of my GNUCash data file I tried both Repairing &
Scrubbing the transactions and the Account, but it made no apparent
difference.

Thanks for any assistance