Latest OSX update

David Reiser dbreiser at icloud.com
Tue Oct 28 09:24:02 EDT 2014

> On Oct 28, 2014, at 8:49 AM, Les <lelliott5 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 10/27/2014 11:43 PM, David Reiser wrote:
>>> On Oct 27, 2014, at 8:49 PM, Les <lelliott5 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> After updating to the lasted OSX version, I am unable to download F::Q.
>>> I updated CPAN & F::Q, but still cannot download data.  Running Mac OSX
>>> 10.10 on Linux Mint Debian Edition with GC 2.4.15.
>>>
>>> Any help appreciated.
>>>
>>> Les
>> Make sure you have updated the version of F::Q in the perl directory that gnucash is using. Especially if you upgrade an OS X system, you’re likely to have at least 2 versions of perl installed. Updating the wrong F::Q will lead to failures of gnucash to see the utility.
>> --
>> Dave Reiser
>> dbreiser at icloud.com
>>

> So, I updated Perl, updated CPAN and updated F::Q but still "Get Quotes"
> is grayed out.  What can I do now to fix this problem?
>
> Thanks Les

Are you sure the OSX and Linux perls aren’t interfering?

What do you get from ‘which perl’ and ‘perl —version’?

Have you set PERL5LIB somewhere by accident?

I’m grasping at straws, since I use an x11 version of gnucash from fink. So I’m not even up to gnucash 2.6 yet. I don’t like a couple things that happen in the aqua gtk realm, so I haven’t used the downloadable dmg of 2.6.

--
Dave Reiser
dbreiser at icloud.com