Make job info appear on invoice by default?

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Oct 28 13:21:01 EDT 2014

On Tuesday 28 October 2014 08:41:54 Greg Feneis wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> How can I tell if my question has made it to the list?  I never saw
> any activity on this one. Maybe nobody knows or I'm not asking right
> or something?

Hi Greg,

I can confirm your mail got to the list just fine. If you didn't get a reply probably means no one
has a good solution for you. :(

However, I'll give it a stab:

There is indeed no way (yet) to set a saved report as the default report for printing. So you will
always have to do some manual steps.

What I sometimes do is to keep one such configured report open all the time in a tab. And
when I need to print an invoice the only change left to do is to change the invoice id in the
report options.

It still means having to change the report options, but it saves me from opening an invoice first.
Depending on your workflow that might be slightly better or just as cumbersome...

If you are willing to dig into scheme your other option is to write a custom report based on the
report you usually use. The only real change you'd need to make is to set a different default
option for the job details. More info on creating custom reports can be found here:
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Custom_Reports

Regards,

Geert