Sorry guys I think I now understand hence ill try again

Martin Richards mixdoctor at rjrhythm.com
Wed Oct 29 16:46:34 EDT 2014

Hi There,

Firstly can I apologise for sending you email without subscribing hence all emails before this please disregard so we can start again.

Now my question which seems to be simple to do but can not for the life of me work this out even looking at your tutorial I just can’t seem got get it yet its a simple request I think that the software can do.

Firstly as it was only one account I have set up my small business account a dream and entered everything from April into it and it works well. I basically got income account, expenses account then all going to one account named (Cash In Hand) and it all works out well even all Reconciled correctly so this account is working fine and is in a separate folder for my business as already suggested and yes I totally understand how this works and can see the logic and how it calculates.

Now my problem is my personal accounts let me try to explain

my main problem as I said is my personal accounts which there are 4 of them

All accounts are bank accounts

Account 1 = Personal
Account 2 = Household
Account 3 = Savings Halifax
Account 4 = Savings Post Office

so basically this is where I think I have gone wrong I have set up each account like my business hence Account 1 (personal) has and income and expense accounts all adding and subtracting and putting the totals into the top account called personal. I have repeated this for the next 3 accounts hence like my 4 bank statements they all work out with no problems. i.e. on every account i have income and expenses hence 4 accounts and 4 lots of income and expense one of each for each account.

Now the bit i can’t do the linking part as explained below

say

Account 1 has 100

Account 2 has 150

Account 3 has 50

Account 4 has 100

this is after you have entered all expenses and income separately into each account

total in all 4 accounts is 400

hence this is what I need to link totals in all 4 accounts to one account say (total amount of money I Have) i.e. Total Assets which is totals from all accounts added together.

I hope this explains it better

Yes its la long winded way of doing it having income and expense on all 4 accounts as I think this software will allow one set of income and expense accounts linked to all 4 accounts but I did try this first and got negative totals somehow which I can not understand why hence I did it the way I explained.

Thanks in Advance

Martin