Character lag in Transfer column

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 09:13:51 EDT 2014

This is a problem I’ve had since I started using GnuCash (now 2.6.3) on my iMac (now OS 10.9.4) last year, and it hasn’t been enough of a nuisance for me to comment on it.

I was helping my daughter-in-law with a similar sort of problem when entering text in a form being displayed on a website by the Chromium browser, which was resolved by switching off hardware acceleration in Chromium, and which made me think the GnuCash problem might be resolved in a similar way.

As I add successive type characters in a previously blank transfer entry, I get:

E			[blank]
Ex			Equity:Opening Balances
Exp			Expenses:Accountant
Exp:			Expenses:Accountant
Exp:A		Expenses:Accountant
Exp:Al		Expenses:Accountant
Exp:All		Expenses:Allowances
Exp:All		Expenses:Allowances
Exp:All:		Expenses:Allowances
Exp:All:B		Expenses:Allowances:Becky

As I do this, the blue highlight on the latter part of the transfer field usually lags behind the character I’ve just typed, making me think I’ve failed to push the key down far enough for it to be registered.

This didn’t happen previously when I was using GnuCash with Ubuntu.

I know there are some quirks in the Mac version of GnuCash - e.g. you can’t double-click on an accounts file in the Finder and have GnuCash open that file; instead it opens the most-recently-used file.

If this is just the way it is, I can cope!

Michael