Apparent inconsistency between reports for a single customer

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Mon Sep 8 04:59:28 EDT 2014

On 08/09/14 14:57, Terry Morse wrote:
> Thank you again for responding.
>
> Yes, "Accounts Payable" was a mistype. That account is empty. This is
> the first time I looked closely at the Accounts Receivable register. I
> notice that the three payments that show up on the customer's tax
> invoice are listed as payments in the register, with two accompanying
> "lot link" entries with the notation "Internal link between invoice
> and payment lots." The ones that don't show up are listed in Accounts
> Receivable as payments or prepayments, with no lot links. I'm not sure
> why the entries are different, as I always used the Process Payment
> dialogue to enter them, except that I might have entered some before I
> posted the invoice and some after.
>
> If that is the problem, is there a best way to fix it? Do I manually
> create the lot links for the other payments, or would I reprocess the
> payments with the invoice posted and delete any duplicate payments or
> prepayments?
>
> Terry

Hi Terry ,

If you right click on the transaction entry then select assign as
payment at the bottom of the pop up menu, you will get a dialogue where
you can assign the payment to an invoice or invoices. I think it is also
possible to split a payment between more than one invoice as well, but
someone else may have more experience on doing that. I often process
payments which are loaded from my bank account transaction and use that
to link them to specific invoices.

Cheers

David
--
*Dr David R Cousens* B.Sc.(Physics), M. Prof. Acc., Ph.D. (Physics),
Grad.Cert. Ed.